Thursday 19 July 2012

And now I'm a Johnson

I've been nearly dying to start blogging again now that I have a new life to lead..as a Johnson. We did the whole wedding thing, hello! So much fun but man I was so ready for it to be done. Just the planning anyways. Our wedding day was beyond perfect, everything I had imagined plus more. I'm still waiting on the photographer to give me the pictures of the big day but to sum it up in very few words I would say that is was the perfect mix between simplicity and Tregan. Yep, my wedding day screamed out my name and portrayed my passions in life but not too extreme. Landon and I soaked in each and every moment of that day and had such an unforgettable time, to say the least.

After leaving the reception in the most dreamy way possible and counting down the minutes to when my day of being a true life princess and Landon my prince charming, we were off to start our life together. But wait, we had the next 10 days to keep reality out of reach and pretend that real life was sitting on a ship drinking margaritas, sleeping endless hours, eating ridiculous amounts of food (seriously), having each and every little thing cleaned up for us, seeing beautiful sites and participating in unforgettable adventures. It was bliss.

Of course there were negatives. Like how on the night of our wedding day we were cruising through Midway to get to the Park City Hotel when we get pulled over and the mean, heartless officer gives us a $90 ticket. Really? How can an officer feel good about himself at the end of the day? Ugh! and, how on the last full day of the cruise we were at sea and it was all black clouds and 60 degrees outside. which meant we had close to nothing to do and to top it off the self serve ice-cream machines weren't working (yes, I ate ice-cream and a lot of it). But I'm really not complaining, I just had to mention those for memories sake.

We got home and that evening we moved our bed in to our new little place. The Johnson residence. That night as we laid in bed, no sheets, just a million blankets until we got everything freshly washed, Landon leaned over to kiss me and said "welcome Home." And home it is, As we still are slowly moving things in I've been going mind crazy by thinking of the endless fun I'm going to have with this place. Last week the first thing I did was work on the balcony. The outside tells a lot about the inside, right? So I gardened some planters and thrifted a bistro set for two.

On Sunday we purchased our first ever couch. I must say that it was pretty fun walking out of ikea, having purchased a couch and knowing that it was going to be in my home, it felt like Christmas! But then again, I get excited when gifted a toaster. That night I turned off the A/C, opened up the porch door and let the cool breeze run through while Landon and I got close on the couch with popcorn and a blanket in hand and watched 21 Jump Street. I got the chills while sitting there, looking around me as I thought about how long I had dreamed for this and now it was reality. It was the coolest feeling ever, I even took some pictures.

The following day (Monday) we set up our tv (we had been using my sisters until they needed it) and got a little more settled. One step at a time, I keep telling myself. I keep hopping from room to room when I realize it's probably not saving me any time by doing that so just focus on one room. There is still a lot to be done but we really have no dead line so who knows how long it will take us.

One of my main thoughts that I think about on a daily basis is truly how great life is at this time. I swear Landon treats me like a princess x100. We both have our fabulous families nearby that help with whatever we need. And we both have pretty great jobs that some what allows my money spending craze to be upheld (although I have had to cut back quite a bit, so I've been thrifting a whole lot more!). Don't get me wrong, I know that life isn't full of butterflies and rainbows but I'm just focusing on the positive here.

So that is it! Our life The past 2 weeks summed up in a few paragraphs. Mostly just the high lights and moments that I specifically want to always remember. And here's to being a Johnson! (clink)

Alpine Coaster

about to board our ship!

buying mangoes from the locals

snorkeling at Pelican Beach

zip lining in Puerto Vallarta
private beach in Cabo

first formal night

rope swing at a natural spring pool in Puerto Vallarta

famous arch and private boat ride in Cabo
lovers beach

kissing at lovers beach, naturally.

planters--before we got the bistro set.


just bought our couch

watching a movie on our new tv. in our new place. on our new couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment