Sunday 22 July 2012

this week

we are still moving stuff in, we probably will be for the next month. This week Landon brought over his first gen. x-box. Within 20 minutes of bringing it in to our house he was on the couch, glued. I guess it might be a good thing to have around so that Landon can play it while I'm working some nights. Maybe I'll take up being a "gamer" or something. Not like I dont have enough on my to do list which is continually growing day by day, I need to get a kitchen note pad or something.

We made all of our returns and have been getting the home basics. I never thought that picking out which vacuum to get would be such a dilemma. We finally chose one. And boy are there lots of little things that you don't ever think about. Like some matches so that I can light my new candle, or a basic pen and paper so that I can write down items that we need around the house. I keep getting side tracked by the things that dont matter most for example, finding cute magnets to put on our fridge. Why? I dont know.

We went and saw the new Batman. I was worried going in, thinking that I would definitely be disappointed. I walked out pleasantly surprised, they did such a fabulous job. I even bit off my long, overdue acrylic thumb nail. It was THAT intense, I would definitely recommend it.

Cleaning..I've never been the cleanest girl when it comes to my bedroom but I knew that once I got my own place I would treat it differently. I cant handle it when the living room and kitchen are dirty so I clean those on a daily basis. My bedroom on the other hand, once I get done cleaning the living room and kitchen I decide that tomorrow I will clean the bedroom.. that never happens. So this week my goal is to REALLY clean the bedroom, mostly just put away the clean clothes that have been left in their hamper.

My oldest sister Brittany announced that she is PREGNANT! we could not be any more thrilled. She always always always said that she was done having kids, that 2 was enough. We always told her that she would change her mind after a few years but as her youngest turned 3 we were starting to believe what she was saying. You can only imagine the excitement when she told us the great news. 

Landon has been such a trooper with helping out around here. I know I'm starting to sound like some old house wife or something but seriously, I'm pretty surprised with how much he is stepping up. He always volunteers to do the laundry, my least favorite thing to do. He always does the dishes, aka, loading and unloading the dishwasher. And he WANTS to go grocery shopping. He's pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

All in all, it was a pretty uneventful week. Just trying to get everything situated so that our house can feel like a home. I'm very anxious to start my house decorating, I have some pretty big and fun plans that are patiently waiting. Hopefully I will be able to start them this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment