Thursday 13 January 2011

take a plain wall..

and turn it in to something fabulous.

i like to decorate at a low cost. i like to keep everything within a budget.
i feel like this way my imagination gets a jump start, it forces me to find things around my home that i can up-cycle or re-use. 

my sisters house was in major need of a face lift, let the fun begin!
sorry for the bad picture quality, i only had my camera phone available.



everything we used in this room were things already lying around the house that didnt have a set home.
the branch was from a neighbors amazing curly-willow tree, the bird house came from my parents house, the urn {yes, i did just say urn} was a gift {yep, a gift..its pretty!} the books are many many years old probably from my parents, & the table is from my parents.
everything there was pretty much free! {for us anyways}

words of advice: before you go out and buy something to decorate your home, take a gander around your home and see if there is anything that could have potential elsewhere. for me, it works 95% of the time.

2 comments:

  1. OH! I love it! your room looks SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that tree looks familiar!!! haa love your new room and I want to make those drapes!

    ReplyDelete